[Heimdall][One-Click] The T959V Heimdall One-Click Collection [12/10/2012]

Rating

No votes yet

85 posts / 0 new
Last post
bhundven's picture
[Heimdall][One-Click] The T959V Heimdall One-Click Collection [12/10/2012]

Disclaimer:
These One-Click's contains bootloaders, kernels, and roms for ONLY the SGH-T959V. This One-Click will not work with any other device!
By downloading and flashing the files you agree that you will not hold me or anyone in the credits responsible if your device becomes bricked or unusable. (But here is a place to get that kinda stuff fixed)

If you need help getting your device unbricked or getting into "Download Mode", please search in the General Forum and search and ask in the Q&A Forum.

T959W Users
If you have a Moblicity SGH-T959W, please read this thread first!

Introduction:
There is a single full One-Click on this page that contains the full stock rom.
There are two more sets in the second post with AntonX's and Hampsterblade's kernels (both oc/uv and non-oc/uv variants). They only contain the bootloaders and kernels.

This package will reset your "Galaxy S 4G - SGH-T959V" to UVKJ6 with all the bootloaders you'd get by following FBis251's [ODIN+CWM] GB Ext4 Starter Pack, but with stock (not rooted, not deodexed) UVKJ6 installed afterward.

The idea in the end is to have everything you need from this guide to go back to stock, as if you updated with Kies from KD1.

If you wrote bad bootloaders, but can still get into download mode somehow, this One-Click will also write known good bootloaders.

The Fully Stock One-Click is useful if you need to send your phone back to be repaired, as the Stock files in this One-Click are from the Kies tarball.

All package include:
Repartitioning: Repartition to stock KJ6
Reloading: IBL/PBL, SBL, SBL2, PARAM, Kernel, Recovery, FactoryFS, Data, and Modem.
Formatting: Cache and DBdata

All packages do not wipe:

• EFS - Where your serial number and carrier information is stored.
  • SDCard - Where your pictures are stored.
  • Adam says "You may use this code to reformat the Data and SDCard *2767*3855# There is no way to do this from Download Mode. The code will leave the EFS untouched."
    But I suggest if you are using CWM to back up your sdcard and do a battery pull after you see the boot animation. Boot into recovery and repartition your sdcard to have >=2048M of ext2.
    This will make sure you have no problems converting to ext4 from rfs and visa-versa.

Download:
Download T959VUVKJ6 Stock UVKJ6

Instructions:

1. (Windows Only) You also need to install the Visual Studio C++ runtime. (Thanks stephen_w!)
  2. Get the latest version of Java 1.6 from this link or from your linux distribution. (openjdk-6-jdk worked for me )
  3. Run:
    Code:
    java -jar .jar
  4. Remove the /sdcard/Voodoo directory from your sdcard. This fixes a problem if the CSC updates, and linda converted to ext4 the first time because of voodoo.
  5. Put your phone into "Download Mode".
  6. Run "flash" once. Let the phone reboot itself. Don't touch the phone until it boots into android. If it works and you want to flash bootloaders:
    1. Put your phone into "Download Mode" again (make sure developer mode is enabled on the phone):
      Code:
      adb reboot download
    2. Check the "Flash Bootloaders" checkbox and Run "flash" again to get bootloaders.
    3. Again, let it reboot fully into android.

Your device should now be like it would be if it came from the Kies with Official UVKJ6 preloaded.

Credits:
AdamOutler (Thanks for making my working Sgs4g UnBrickable and for One-Click, and One-Click-Packager!)
Benjamin Dobell (and everyone that worked on Heimdall!)
RaverX3X (Thanks for helping and testing!)
FBis251 (Thanks for the ext4 guide! This guide helped me figure out which bootloaders to use.)
Samsung (Thanks for Kies, which is where I got the stock rom bits.)

bhundven's picture
TheKucho's picture

Nice! Good work.

Sent from my rockin' Galaxy S 4G using XDA Premium App

AdamOutler's picture

Downloading now, If it works properly I'll have a mirror on the Team Komin server for you and I can send this device back. BTW... UnBrickable Mod team have nothing to do with Heimdall One-Click... That's Benjamin Dobell for Heimdall and Me for the One-Click and One-Click packager.

There's no need to RAR the JAR file. The firmware contained within is packaged in a superior tar.gz and a jar file is actually a zip.. It's already double compresed.

Just as a tip, I generally include the SBL2 in a flash. I don't know which devices use it, but it's supposed to ensure a valid SBL is on a device. It's safer and provides a total restore if you know you have a good SBL unlike the KG2 firmware package. I see there's no SBL2 in the detail tab. This is what happened to me today with KG2 bootloaders...

Code:
1mmunications established�� X4 &c1 E1 Q0            
-----------------------------------------------------------
   Samsung Primitive Bootloader (PBL) v3.0           
   Copyright (C) Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. 2006-2010
-----------------------------------------------------------

+n1stVPN       2688 
+nPgsPerBlk    64 
+n1stVPN       3008 
+nPgsPerBlk    64 
ERROR.. Bootable SBL doesn't exist ..

Other than that, it's working great!

I repackaged with the SBL2 after I verified the package is working properly. It will be available here in aproximately 26 minutes from this post. http://files.teamkomin.com/t959-SGS4...-One-Click.jar

I just realized I post jacked, sorry.

bhundven's picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler
View Post
Downloading now, If it works properly I'll have a mirror on the Team Komin server for you and I can send this device back.

I think I'm fine with hosting on sourceforge. You can mirror it if you want.

Quote:
View Post
BTW... UnBrickable Mod team have nothing to do with Heimdall One-Click... That's Benjamin Dobell for Heimdall and Me for the One-Click and One-Click packager.

Thanks for pointing that out! I did resurrect a few times (Mostly stupid mistakes. You do stupid things when you know you can recover. ), so I wanted to give credit, or it would not have been possible for me to learn more about how to make mistakes so others don't have to.

Quote:
View Post
There's no need to RAR the JAR file. The firmware contained within is packaged in a superior tar.gz and a jar file is actually a zip.. It's already double compressed.

Thank you for the tip! I'll host the jar from now on.

Quote:
View Post
Just as a tip, I generally include the SBL2 in a flash. I don't know which devices use it, but it's supposed to ensure a valid SBL is on a device. It's safer and provides a total restore if you know you have a good SBL unlike the KG2 firmware package. I see there's no SBL2 in the detail tab. I'll repackage it and host it here when ready: http://files.teamkomin.com/t959-SGS4...-One-Click.jar

The problem is, samsung has never packaged an sbl2 with any leak or official package.
I had some weird problems when I wrote the sbl2, so not writing it makes me feel safer.

Quote:
View Post
Other than that, it's working great!

Thanks! I'm hoping to get more things done soon. I'm having some personal life issues that are rightfully taking my time, but I get little bursts to work on projects when I can. You however, are a machine! Keep up the good work, man!

AdamOutler's picture

^^ I edited while you were posting. the code block shows why you should write the SBL2. Normally it's either empty or it has a duplicate SBL. If you're using a good SBL it's safe. If it's a bad SBL, then it's not safe. It's less safe to not have an SBL2 on a device in general though. If you switch to something like CM7, you won't have an SBL2. When you switch back to stock the SBL2 has to be flashed back or it's still missing on devices that have it.

I've already begun uploading. It's 1/2 way there and will be on the TK server in ETA 13 minutes 11 seconds. It has the SBL2 included and I verified everything works fine.

btw.. repackaging is a breeze. change the jar to a .zip file and then go to /com/AdamOutler/HeimdallOneClick/resources/ROMPackage/ the tar.gz is right there and you can open it in heimdall.

bhundven's picture
Quote:
View Post
^^ I edited while you were posting. the code block shows why you should write the SBL2. Normally it's either empty or it has a duplicate SBL. If you're using a good SBL it's safe. If it's a bad SBL, then it's not safe. It's less safe to not have an SBL2 on a device in general though. If you switch to something like CM7, you won't have an SBL2. When you switch back to stock the SBL2 has to be flashed back or it's still missing on devices that have it.

Interesting, good to know! I will retest with sbl2 again.

Quote:
View Post
I've already begun uploading. It's 1/2 way there and will be on the TK server in ETA 13 minutes 11 seconds. It has the SBL2 included and I verified everything works fine.

In the future, I would rather that you mirror that file that I have. As to not have different version of the same file on the web to support.
(EDIT: I mean, if you make a crontab to always pull the version I post, then I just tell people to get the latest version. Then I don't care where they get it.)

Quote:
View Post
btw.. repackaging is a breeze. change the jar to a .zip file and then go to /com/AdamOutler/HeimdallOneClick/resources/ROMPackage/ the tar.gz is right there and you can open it in heimdall.

That's how I repackaged with the sourceforge links and other updated metadata. Except I just used the gnome-archive tool in nautilus. Just right-click on the jar and click "Extract All".

bhundven's picture

I retested with the SBL2, and didn't have any problems.
I must of had some bad combination loaded before, and thought it was the sbl2.

@AdamOutler, thanks for the advice!

Op updated with new link to the jar file. The rar without the sbl2 is still available, but will move to the 'old' folder soon.

bhundven's picture

Updated op with better notes and references.

bhundven's picture

Op updated with kj1 and kj6 with CWM + Voodoo Ext4 Lagfix one-clicks!

pbcal's picture

Great work, thanks..